Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Luigi Bosca Reserva Malbec 2008, you see but not too much





Luigi Bosca, Malbec Reserve 2008, By Familia Arizu, USD 17.

Essencial of ARG malbec. From Vistalba District in Lujan de Cuyo Departament of Mendoza. Not what I mean when say a wonderfull malbec but good struture and the abc of a malbec from Lujan de Cuyo. Nice nose of ripe plum and raspberries. Jammy and well scented. You may catch violets. The palate is less than pure. More initial palate than middle and end palate. Short aftertaste but likeable smoke and chocolate. A tiny spiciness hint. I woudn´t expect a better red after 4 years cellar for this dense and heavy malbec on the beginning but fading away weak pretty soon. I´ll go 86 points and a barely accetable value price. I´d gone happier if I´ve payed 8-10 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment